The School Newspaper of Dobyns-Bennett High School

The Arrowhead

Haunted Houses

Keely Heck, Assistant Editor

It’s that time of the year again! Going pumpkin picking, watching scary movies, baking ghost cookies, wearing sweaters, and going to haunted houses will soon fill the air! Haunted houses are all about the scare. People dressing up and putting fake blood on their faces, pretending to be scary monsters, is the goal of many people this fall. For those looking forward to taking the scare a little farther, haunted attractions are most appealing. Here is a list of haunted houses and spooky activities with reviews and ratings:

• Frightmare Manor is located in Hamblen County, 7588 W Andrew Johnson Hwy, Talbott, TN 37877, and is rated a 4.4 out of 5 stars. Carol Holloway gave a review stating, “We come every year and it gets better every year. They put a lot of time and effort into making this place scary. So much fun.” She also rated Frightmare Manor with a 5/5 stars. Tickets are$28 a person plus a $2.49 service fee. Frightmare opens September 29th and is every Friday and Saturday, including the 22nd, 26th, 29th, and 31st. (Frightmaremanor.com)
  • Mysterious Mansion is in Gatlinburg, 424 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. Mysterious Mansion is a victorian-style haunted house featuring year-round self-guided tours & spooky surprises. It’s rated 4.6/5 stars, and Christina Moss also said, “I love Halloween and all things horror, and this was by far the best haunted house I’ve went to. We went in the summer and it was still amazing! Good old fashioned scares and puzzles.” She, as well as leaving a review, rated it a 5/5 stars. The Mysterious Mansion attraction is $13.00 for adults (taxes included) and $9.00 (taxes included). (http://gatlinburgsmysteriousmansion.com/)
  • Frightworks is a haunted house at 1904 W Emory Rd, Powell, TN 37849, and Mandy Cargile says, “VERY scary! Great haunt- it’s huge. Loads of characters, lots of scares. I do it every year. It keeps getting bigger and better. LOVE FrightWorks!” She rated Frightworks a 5/5, but overall the attraction was rated a 4.4/5 stars. The attraction is also $20 per person. Frightworks is open September 30th and is open every Friday and Thursday as well as the 22nd, 26th, 29th, 30th, and the 31st. (frightworks.com)
  • Haunted Forest in Elizabethton, Big Springs Rd, Elizabethton, TN 37643, is rated a 4/5 stars. Haunted Forest Attraction Tickets $10: Haunted Hayride to/From Forest and Roast Marshmallows by the fire is included in the attraction cost. Tickets are originally $10 but you can choose from 3 activities (The 3D black light 20′ clown maze, 3D doll house insane asylum, and zombie lazer tag) and the 2 combo would be $17. The forest is open every Friday and Saturday night starting September 29th and is running through the end of October and is also open on Halloween night. (https://www.hauntworld.com/haunted-house-in-elizabethton-Tennessee-haunted-forest-elizabethton)
  • Fenders Farm is in Johnsborough and it’s an adventure for all ages, laughter by day, and screams by night. They have a 7 acre corn maze, and the 3 acre “Field of Screams.” Insane Inn, private facilities for parties and corporate events. They offer over 50 activities to enjoy. Their store also carries a full line of decorative items. The haunted attraction is $10.00 + tax. The 2 combo is any two attractions you choose- $15.00 + tax. 4 combo includes all 4 haunted attractions and it’s $20.00 + tax. The Fenders Farm haunted activities open September 29th (http://www.fendersmaze.com/haunted.html). Fenders Farm is also rated a 4.5/5 stars and Mark Cloninger agrees, with his rating of a 5 stars and leaving a review, “Had a blast. Alot of fun for the whole family and friends. Great school field trip too!”

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Teacher in the Spotlight: Mr. Nave

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Teacher in the Spotlight

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

National Principals Month

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Hoco 2K17

• Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Summer Reading….Havin’ a Blast….

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Haunted Houses

Student Life

Summertime Sadness

Haunted Houses