The School Newspaper of Dobyns-Bennett High School

The Arrowhead

Summertime Sadness

Keely Heck, Assistant Editor

A month and half ago, we were staying up late, partying, going on vacation, sleeping till 3 P.M, and going to bed at 5 in the morning! Now, we’re doing homework that feels that it is taking forever, studying, going to bed at 9 PM, waking up at 5, and catching the bus at 6:30 AM. Summer is coming to an end and, as we all know, school is here.

Some students may like school, but others? To them, school is prison; 8 hours and 15 minutes of continuous school work, as well as maybe a gym class or a CTE class, which involves tests, research, along with presenting projects, studying, and homework, even on the weekends! Even though summer is ending, friendships and relationships are just beginning. For some, it’s an exciting year; if you’re a senior, it’s your last year before being on your own. For others, it’s just the beginning. Coming into a whole different learning environment as a freshman, it can be a daunting thing, and coming back to school as a student in general, leaves one feeling a sense of sadness, a thread that weaves through soul and can leave a damper on each day. 

We all feel it.  It’s like the cold mornings that hang in the air – we can’t ignore it. The sadness that comes with a start of a new school year is like a long trip ahead leading to a fun vacation.  But, even though it can be hard, that summertime sadness is a great thing because it makes everyone remember all the good time they had and forces them to look forward to new memories begging to be made. In the end, school is just one of those places you go to for life and educational lessons to get you through to adulthood, but the sadness that comes from it comes from the memories that are old only to remind us the a new sadness is waiting right around the corner.

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Teacher in the Spotlight: Mr. Nave

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Teacher in the Spotlight

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

National Principals Month

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Hoco 2K17

• Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Summer Reading….Havin’ a Blast….

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• Summertime Sadness

Student Life

Haunted Houses

Summertime Sadness