The Arrowhead

Are DB Lockers Useful?

Molly Turner

The pods of Dobyns Bennett are full of lockers for students to put to use. However, these lockers are hardly ever bought, used, or even unlocked by students.

Dobyns Bennett offers the option for students to buy a locker anywhere in the school for $1, but this opportunity is not commonly taken advantage of.

There are many reasons that make D-B students feel that lockers are a waste of money and time.

D-B lockers line the walls of school, and classes are spread throughout the building. Students are given 6 minutes to transition between classes, which is enough time to get anywhere in the school. However, if you add stopping at your locker into the mix, students will run out of time.

Students also feel that the lockers aren’t wide enough to hold a backpack. Perhaps it used to make more sense to place books and items ito lockers, but nowadays, students have a lot more they carry with them, not to mention the technology they carry.  Stuffing an expensive laptop or Chromebooks into a small space might mean more scratched and broken computers. So, what is the point of purchasing a locker if the small can’t really accomodate?

Though lockers can be helpful to hold a few heavy textbooks or a lunchbox, many students don’t feel that they are worth the time or the hassle. Carrying a backpack is worth the lack of inconvenience to most of DB’s students.

Instead of lockers, D-B could line the walls of the pods with tables and chairs. This could be useful to students when they need somewhere to work or have lunch during Tribe Time. I feel that D-B could find something to replace the school lockers, and that would be much more useful than the current situation.

Lockers can be a very helpful thing, but being the big school that DB is, I don’t feel they are a good use of space.

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Opinion

Is Having an Hour for Tribe Time a Good Idea?

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Opinion

The NFL “Takes the Knee”

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Opinion

School Should Begin Later

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Opinion

Homeroom Testing

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

News

Cramped No-More!

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Student Life

A Girl Can Never Have Too Many Clothes

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Top Stories

Farewell DB!!

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

A & E

Stranger Things: Review

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Student Life

Tis’ The Season to Be On Guard

• Are DB Lockers Useful?

Top Stories

Toast

The School Newspaper of Dobyns-Bennett High School
Are DB Lockers Useful?