The School Newspaper of Dobyns-Bennett High School

The Arrowhead

ASVAB Testing

Molly Turner

The ASVAB test is a military entrance and career placement test for highschool students. The ASVAB is a great test for students to get an idea of a career they would be good at and interested in. Even if the student isn’t interested in joining the military, the ASVAB test can be extremely helpful to students for guidance with career planning.

The ASVAB test is considered to be the most reliable career placement test because it is also used by the military. Tammy Wolfe, Dobyns Bennett’s career counselor, believes that every single student should take this test.

The ASVAB tests students on General Science, Arithmetic Reasoning, Word Knowledge, Paragraph Comprehension, Mathematics Knowledge, Electronics Information, Auto and Shop Information, and Mechanical Comprehension.

This test is beneficial to students in many ways. It can help one learn about oneself, give goals to work towards, brings to attention skills and abilities, teaches work values, and informs of educational opportunities.

Though students don’t have to have military interest to take the ASVAB, it can help military officers decide where to place them. The student’s test scores, if they allow the military to have access to them, can be a big part of the decision of where students will be most needed in the military, if at all.

The ASVAB test is a very beneficial test, and great planning tool for students. This test will be helpful for any student who decides to take it. The ASVAB test is highly recommended to any Dobyns Bennett student.

If any student has questions about the ASVAB they can contact Dobyns Bennett’s career counselor, Tammy Wolfe, at twolfe@k12k.com.

• ASVAB Testing

News

Milligan College’s Engineering Program

• ASVAB Testing

News

Do Your Best on the Test!

• ASVAB Testing

News

What is…..the FAFSA?

• ASVAB Testing

News

The Moon’s Shadow

• ASVAB Testing

News

Picture Retakes

• ASVAB Testing

News

Changes Coming to Kingsport City Schools

• ASVAB Testing

A & E

BOO 2! A Madea Halloween: Movie Review

• ASVAB Testing

Student Life

Club in the Spotlight

• ASVAB Testing

Top Stories

National Honors Society

• ASVAB Testing

Student Life

Teacher in the Spotlight: Mr. Nave

ASVAB Testing